The Shulman Law Group 2016 College Scholarship
In order to be eligible for The Shulman Law Group 2016 College Scholarship for First-Generation American High School Seniors in NJ, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a first generation U.S. Citizen*
- Must be a senior attending a NJ high school
- Must be accepted and registered to attend college or university in the fall
- Must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
*Who qualifies as a first generation U.S. citizen? You were born in another country but immigrated to the U.S. and later became a U.S. citizen, or your parents immigrated to the U.S. and you were born in the U.S.
All scholarship applicants must submit the following information in order to qualify for the scholarship:
- Complete the online application at http://www.s-lawgroup.com/
- Have your high school guidance counselor email your unofficial high school transcript to email@example.com by May 9, 2016.
- Submit a typed 500-700-word essay (in a Word document or PDF) that tells us how being a first-generation American student has shaped your life. You must specifically answer all three of the following questions in your essay.
- What were/are the challenges that you and your family faced after immigrating to the United States?
- How have you overcome the challenges you described?
- How will your background and life experience shape your future goals and aspirations, as it relates to your education and career?
The application and all supporting material must be received by 11:59pm EDT on Monday, May 9, 2016.