Taken from the Eligibility page on the SMART website:
All Awardees Must Be:
- a U.S. citizen at time of application,
- 18 years of age or older as of August 1 of the enrolling year,
- able to participate in summer internships at DoD laboratories,
- willing to accept post-graduate employment with the DoD,
- a student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and,
- pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the disciplines listed on the About SMART page.
*Undergraduate applicants must be currently enrolled in a regionally accredited U.S. college or university and have a high school diploma/GED. Current high school students are not eligible to apply.
**Graduate applicants can be either currently enrolled in a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or awaiting notification of admission to such. If awaiting admission, you must be accepted for entrance in the fall 2014 term.
*Students who are currently Freshman or enrolled in a First Year Associate’s Program applicants must report an ACT or SAT Reasoning Test Score. Subject tests are not required. In addition, individuals who apply during their Freshman/First Year must obtain a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale during the fall academic term of their Freshman/First Year. Freshman/First Year Associate’s Program applicants will be required to submit an official transcript reflecting their fall academic term grades to establish compliance with this requirement.
**Graduate applicants must have taken the GRE and test scores must be reportable by ETS. Subject tests are not required.
Amount: Full tuition plus stipend
Deadline: December annually
For complete information and an application, please visit: http://smart.asee.org