The annual DirectTextbook.com 2018 High School Senior Scholarship Essay Contest is now open!
- $3000 to first place
- $1000 to second place
- $500 to third place
Awards available: 3
Application deadline date: May 4th, 2018
Description: In 500 words or less write a response to the following question: “What is self-esteem? What role does self-esteem play in your life?”
Applications will no longer be accepted after May 4th, 2018. Once the contest is closed, all essays will be reviewed. The winners of each award will be notified by email on or before June 8th, 2018.
Applicant must be: Current US citizen, a current high school senior, and have a most recent GPA of 2.0 or higher.
See website for more details and to apply:
Direct Textbooks, Inc
1525 Chemeketa St NE
Salem, OR 97301
The annual DirectTextbook.com Photo Essay Contest is now open.
- Two $500 Scholarships: Photos selected by Direct Textbook
- Two $500 Scholarships: Photos with the most votes
- Two $500 Scholarships: Photo entries selected at random from all qualifying entries
Deadline: January 16th, 2018
Awards available: 6
Submit your original photo that captures the essence of what the theme “Focus” means to you. Applications will no longer be accepted after January 16th, 2018. Once the contest is closed, all entries will be reviewed. The winners of each award will be notified by email on or before January 30th, 2018.
Available to all majors.
Applicant must be:
- A high school graduate with a most recent GPA of 2.0 or above,
- Enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university for Winter or Spring term of 2018,
- A legal resident of the United States and
- Not currently incarcerated.
See website for more details and to apply:
About the Scholarship
BestMattressReviews.com is looking for creative video applications that answer the following two questions:
- How important is sleep as a public health issue? Sleep has gotten a lot of coverage in the last few years and we’d like to know how you think it stacks up and why you feel that way. Please use research and statistics to back up your opinions.
- Describe your current relationship with sleep and assess the quality of that relationship. Research and cover at least two to three ways you think you should change your lifestyle/sleep hygiene habits to improve your sleep health and how you plan to implement them over the next year of your life.
Amount: $1,000, non-renewable
Deadline: May 19, 2017
- High school seniors or current college students
- US Citizens studying in the United States
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
For more information and to apply, visit the BestMattressReviews Sleep Scholarship website
About the Scholarship
All too often, women have to work extra hard to gain the same respect / status as a man in a similar position, especially those in foreign countries. To this end, Everipedia created a list of female reporters and journalists that we believe deserve recognition for their work. The International Women in Media Scholarship aims to bring awareness and recognition to women working tirelessly across the globe in search of the truth.
The International Women in Media Scholarship was established by Everipedia, Inc. in 2017. It aims to increase awareness of women in journalism and the media, along with the challenges they face around the world. Applicants, instead of writing an essay, will create a Wikipedia-style biography page for a woman of their choice. A sample list of women will be provided, but applicants are free to chose their own.
Deadline: July 1 (annually)
Must be a senior in high school, or currently enrolled in a college / university.
Must be fluent in English. Submissions with poor grammar will not be considered.
For additional information and to apply, please visit the International Women in Media Scholarship webpage.
Annual CGTrader Scholarship 2017
Write and submit an original essay on the topic “The future of technology in education.” The best submission will be awarded $2,000 while the two runners-up will receive $500 each.
- Write an essay on “The future of technology in education”
- Essay length is 500-1000 words
- Submit your essay via online form
- Submission deadline – June 1, 2017
- The winners will be announced on June 15, 2017, on CGTrader blog and notified directly via email provided upon the registration
- High school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Full-time enrolled in academic institution January 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017
For more information about the company and the scholarship, and to submit your essay, visit the CGTrader Annual Scholarship webpage.
Students who are in high school or college and at least 16 years old may enter this essay contest. Essays must be at least 700 words, in English, and must correspond with the suggested topic.
Deadline: June 25, 2017
Winner announced: July 20, 2017
Essay topics to consider:
- Students life;
- Education process;
- Famous educators;
- Modern Plagiarism;
- Teacher Thoughts;
- Educational Technology;
- Mobile learning;
- E-Learning Technology;
- Learning and Technology;
- Speed Writing;
- Education in America;
- Plagiarism Intelligence;
- Internet Blogging;
- Best experts of education;
- Digital Writing;
- Digital Teaching;
- Ideas and Thoughts from EdTech;
- Home studying;
- Walk through writing process;
- American teachers;
- Tech & Learning;
- Getting smarter;
- A Teacher’s LifeStudy;
- Education for free;
- Education without teachers;
- Learning to write letters in different languages;
- Applications for virtual universities;
- Money in education;
- The future of literary education;
- Online education through websites;
- Student learning from writers and poets;
- International virtual high school;
- Distance learning;
- Learning and Teaching problems and difficulties;
- Ways to enhance education process;
- Libraries and their role in education;
- Modern tools useful for studying;
- Teaching methods;
- Ways to improve memory;
- Time management approaches used in education.
For more information on the rules and to apply, visit https://noplag.com/students-scholarship.
Good Colleges is offering 3 annual scholarships of $2,000 each: Study Hard Challenge, Healthy America Award, and the Study Abroad Award. They are open to current and future students North American colleges. Entrants must submit a 150-200-word essay.
Study Hard Challenge
Deadline: April 1, 2017
Essay Theme: Your Dream
More information: https://goodcolleges.online/study-hard-challenge/
Healthy America Award
Deadline: August 1, 2017
More Information: https://goodcolleges.online/healthy-america-award/
Study Abroad Award
Deadline: November 1, 2017
More Information: https://goodcolleges.online/study-abroad-award/
In order to be eligible for The Shulman Law Group 2016 College Scholarship for First-Generation American High School Seniors in NJ, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a first generation U.S. Citizen*
- Must be a senior attending a NJ high school
- Must be accepted and registered to attend college or university in the fall
- Must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
*Who qualifies as a first generation U.S. citizen? You were born in another country but immigrated to the U.S. and later became a U.S. citizen, or your parents immigrated to the U.S. and you were born in the U.S.
All scholarship applicants must submit the following information in order to qualify for the scholarship:
- Complete the online application at http://www.s-lawgroup.com/scholarships
- Have your high school guidance counselor email your unofficial high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 9, 2016.
- Submit a typed 500-700-word essay (in a Word document or PDF) that tells us how being a first-generation American student has shaped your life. You must specifically answer all three of the following questions in your essay.
- What were/are the challenges that you and your family faced after immigrating to the United States?
- How have you overcome the challenges you described?
- How will your background and life experience shape your future goals and aspirations, as it relates to your education and career?
The application and all supporting material must be received by 11:59pm EDT on Monday, May 9, 2016.
Amount: up to $5,000
Major: Liberal Arts
A scholarship recipient must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 hours per semester), pursuing a Baccalaureate Degree and attending a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) private college/university as listed in the current Yearbook & Directory of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Eligible institutions are as follows:
- Barton College, Wilson, NC
- Bethany College, Bethany, WV
- Chapman University, Orange, CA
- Columbia College, Columbia, MO
- Culver-Stockton College, Canton, MO
- Drake University, Des Moines, IA
- Drury University, Springfield, MO
- Eureka College, Eureka, IL
- Hiram College, Hiram, OH
- Jarvis Christian College, Hawkins, TX
- Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, VA
- Midway College, Midway, KY
- Northwest Christian University, Eugene, OR
- Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX
- Tougaloo College, Tougaloo, MS
- Transylvania University, Lexington, KY
- William Woods University, Fulton, MO
Deadline: March 1, annually
For complete information about this scholarship, as well as an application form, please visit pulf.org/scholarshipforms
Amount: At least $1,000
To be considered eligible for an award, applicants must meet ALL of the following qualifications:
- Be a full-time undergraduate at an accredited college or university in the United States. The school must be a not-for-profit institution.
- Be currently in the Sophomore or Junior year of studies. If enrolled at a 2-year school (e.g. community college or other) proof of acceptance into a 4-year (bachelors) program is required. The intent is for the applicant to be pursuing a 4-year bachelors’ degree minimum.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent on a different scale).
- Be a permanent resident of Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, or Wyoming County of New York State – OR – be a child of a member of ASQ Rochester Section 204.
Deadline: February 28, 2015
For additional information and application materials, please visit the ASQRS Scholarship Info web page.